In today’s digital era, telecommunication has become the framework for businesses, governments, communities, and families to seamlessly connect and share information.
The simplest form to exchange data among themselves called a Telecom Network. The internet is the largest example of a telecommunications network.
JIO considered by many to be the world’s largest startup with an investment of 1500 billion INR. Reliance Jio also finds it’s placed in the list of top telecommunication companies in India.
This SWOT Analysis of Reliance Jio 2021 is a useful tool to find out the company’s business strategy with its internal factors such as Strengths, and Weaknesses, as well as its external factors like Opportunities, and Threats influencing their business.
In this case study, Reliance Jio SWOT Analysis describes the competition, market segmentation, positioning, and e-marketing strategies adopted by Reliance Jio.
Reliance Jio Overview:
The company whose headquarters is in Navi Mumbai offers wireless 4 G network services. It does not offer 2G or 3G service, and instead uses only voice-over LTE to provide voice service on its 4G network.
|Company Name||Reliance Jio Industries|
|Established||15 February 2007|
Maker Chambers IV, 222 Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra,
|Revenue (Q3 2020-21)||22,858 crores (US$3.2 billion)|
Net income (FY 2019-20)
|5,562 crores (US$780 million)|
|Employees (Q3 2020-21)||41.08 crore (410.8 million)|
Reliance Jio SWOT Analysis 2021
SWOT Analysis of Reliance Jio is a highly interactive process and requires effective coordination among various departments such as – marketing, finance, operations, management information systems, and strategic planning.
Reliance Jio Strengths
- Using a strong IP-based 4G network Reliance Jio consumes less maintenance of its network infrastructure than the old operators.
- Jio uses the 4G LTE technology and it is scalable and supportive of 5G and 6G technologies, which are expected to be the future in wireless communication.
- It operates a national LTE network with a spectrum of 850 MHz and 1,800 MHz bands which coverage across all 22 telecom circles, and also owns a pan-India licensed 2,300 MHz spectrum. The spectrum is valid until 2035.
- The strong financial condition of Mukesh Ambani, the owner of Reliance Jio. Initially, Mukesh Ambani’s RIL was in the oil and gas industry. He had made enough money to spend on Reliance Jio.
- It has successfully integrated a number of technology companies in the past few years to streamline its operations and to create a reliable supply chain.
- One of the strong policies was to appoint Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassadors. In further, the excellent marketing and branding strategies of Jio are the main reason for the huge customer base of Reliance Jio.
- Reliance Jio gives various products like Jio apps supplied services like movies, games, shopping, chats, and everything easily available for the customers.
- Jio has a strong backbone of Reliance Industries which is one of the biggest organizations in India with a strong financial budget.
Reliance Jio Weaknesses
- In India, there are many people who are using the 2G feature mobile they can not be the customer of Jio.
- The Reliance Jio provides Jio To Jio calls are free. For calls to other sim cards, clients need to recharge with Talktime plans.
- Poor data connection and slow speed internet issues lead the customer to switch to another company.
- Jio has made a late venture into the market which already had established players like Airtel and Vodafone, who had obtained a place in the minds of the customer.
- It faced numerous SIM Card activation issues during the period that followed its launch.
- Reliance Jio offers many free services and schemes, this was one reason for the share increase in trades. However, the company may not be able to afford all of them which may affect the business negatively.
Reliance Jio Opportunities
- Jio prides itself on being a low-cost Internet Service Provider, and mobile operator. This can be used as positioning to target larger markets since most of their competitors cannot afford their prices.
- It can try to extend its services to foreign markets and neighborhood countries of India, with large financial support.
- Jio manages 4G data and voice services, and it is maintained by voice-over LTE, which makes it scalable to 5G and 6G technologies.
- A Reliance Jio supported by VoLTE, which has a lot of scope in terms of bandwidth. They can offer chargeable apps to customers or even free initially and pay-per-use later.
- It can attract foreign investors to accelerate its digital monetization drive to reach India’s huge consumer market.
Reliance Jio Threats
- Due to the lowest price than other company the customers prefer Jio primarily. on the other hand, if the company increases its costs, then it may lose its clients.
- It’s fact that Reliance Jio providing lots of freebies initially. in oppose, once the offers and schemes are over, the customers may drop from the company.
- From the time it was started, Reliance Jio has been entrapped in a lot of disputes. These have resulted in a negative brand image for the company.
- The rivals of the current market like Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, etc. are the big threats for Reliance Jio. Due to its competitor’s good customer loyalty and a big presence in the market. It will be tough for Jio to maintain its customer base after the prices of the services are increased.
Thanks a lot for pursuing my post. I hope you like the article in which I have mentioned in-depth information about the SWOT analysis in Reliance Jio with its working ecosystem and core strategy.
With this SWOT analysis of Reliance Jio Company, you can surely identify the Strengths and weaknesses of Reliance Jio. Furthermore, you can also know how exactly it can keep on staying ahead of others.