- 1 Lululemon SWOT Analysis 2022
- 2 Background Of Lululemon
- 3 Introduction to Lululemon
- 4 Milestones/ Development Timeline of Lululemon
- 5 The SWOT analysis Of Lululemon
- 6 Strengths In The SWOT Analysis Of Lululemon Athletica
- 7 Weaknesses In The SWOT Analysis Of Lululemon Athletica
- 8 Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Lululemon Athletica
- 9 Threats In The SWOT Analysis Of Lululemon Athletica
- 10 The Limitations Of The SWOT Analysis Lululemon Athletica Inc.
- 11 Weighted SWOT Analyse For Lululemon Athletica Inc.
- 12 Key Takeaways
- 13 References
- 14 Conclusion
Lululemon SWOT Analysis 2022
It is crucial to be aware of their acquisitions, products, and investments prior to doing a Lululemon SWOT study. Lululemon Athletica is one of the leading athletic apparel retailing businesses.
The company offers a broad selection of athletic clothing, such as shirts, shorts footwear, lifestyle clothing yoga wears accessories and similar items.
The company also has launched an apparel line called “Lab,” which is available at select retail stores.
The business operates internationally through its 460 stores and its online website. Lululemon has a lab for development called “White Space” within the headquarters of the company, where they employ psychologists and scientists.
Lululemon makes its clothes to meet market demands which make the brand popular. It also offers merchandise and accessories for women, men, and kids, including mats, water bottles bags for sports, and other items.
However, their majority of products are designed specifically designed for women, which makes the brand mainly a female-focused one.
Also, Related some Article:
- Dior SWOT Analysis
- L’Oreal SWOT Analysis
- Marriott SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Google
- Disney SWOT Analysis
- GAP SWOT Analysis
- Coca Cola Swot Analysis
- UPS SWOT Analysis
- Facebook SWOT Analysis
- BMW SWOT Analysis
Background Of Lululemon
|Company’s Name||Lululemon Athletica|
|Number of Employees||15,700 (February 2019)|
|Annual Revenue||US$ 3.98 Billion|
|Area Served||North America, Asia, Europe, Oceania|
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Operating Income||US$ 705.84 million|
Introduction to Lululemon
It is crucial to be aware of the company’s products, acquisitions and investments prior to doing a SWOT analysis for Lululemon. SWOT study. Lululemon Athletica is one of the leading athletic apparel retailing companies.
The company offers a broad selection of athletic clothing, comprising shirts, shorts, footwear, lifestyle clothing and yoga clothes accessories, and similar items.
The company also introduced the streetwear collection “Lab,” which is available in select retail stores.
The business operates globally through its 460 stores as well as its online website. Lululemon offers a research lab called “White Space” within the headquarters of the company, where they include psychologists and scientists.
Lululemon creates its clothing to meet market demands and makes the brand a cult one. The company also offers products and accessories for women, men, and children, such as mats, water bottles, bags for sports, and other items.
But, the majority of their merchandise is designed specifically designed for women, which makes it primarily a woman-centric brand.
Milestones/ Development Timeline of Lululemon
|1988||Foundation of Lululemon.|
|2000||Lululemon launches its first retail store in Vancouver, BC, called Kitsilano in November.|
|2007||It went public after trading 18.2 million shares.|
|2014||Lululemon is opening its first retail store in Europe with a flagship store located in Covent Garden.|
|2017||The company first began selling clothing for women and men throughout North America.|
|2019||Lululemon introduces its premium streetwear Lab in select stores.|
The SWOT analysis Of Lululemon
SWOT analysis can be a useful method to determine the future direction of a business. It assists companies to determine their strategy after studying the strengths as well as weaknesses.
For retailers such as Lululemon it is essential to understand the market environment and how to adapt to it is crucial.
The business must understand the need and other elements that affect sales in order to develop an effective market strategy.
It assists them in determining their plans for expansion in their company. Lululemon SWOT Analysis will help the business to overcome its weaknesses but also preserve its best features. This is this Lululemon SWOT Analysis:
Strengths In The SWOT Analysis Of Lululemon Athletica
The term “strengths” refers to the things that each company excels at within its range of activities that can provide it with an advantage over its competition. There is the strength for Lululemon Athletica :
❤️ Quality of the Product High-Quality: The products from Lululemon Athletica are of top quality and are ideal for yoga and any other activities in terms of stretch, and texture the material is of a certain type. They have been designed to meet the requirements of the intended market in mind.
❤️ Niche Market strategy: Lululemon Athletica has focused on sportswear, and they offer different products for training, running, and yoga. Since more and more customers are becoming more aware of their health, there’s an enormous market in this area and it has helped the company get an established position within this market niche.
❤️ A rise in the significance of yoga has been a popular concept, and all over the globe, many people do yoga regularly. Lululemon Athletica has a lot of merchandise that meets the particular requirements of yoga instructors like yoga mats, comfortable and loose pants, and free-movement tops and shirts.
❤️ Fashionable and trendy: The designs of Lululemon Athletica are constructed of specially-designed fabric that absorbs sweat and is easy to wear, which is ideal for most workout requirements. Furthermore, they are also fashionable and are in line with gender. For instance, female tops are frilled or have stylish sleeves, and come in a variety of shades and men’s styles have subtle changes to the tailoring that make certain that their needs are met.
❤️ The influencer you want to target: Quite unlike their competitors such as Nike and Adidas which invest millions in marketing, Lululemon Athletica chooses to target influencers, such as yoga instructors or fitness trainers offer them freebies, and then use them to influence the segment they are targeting to purchase their clothing.
❤️ High level of engagement: Lululemon Athletica is a company with a high level of customer satisfaction. Staff members always refer to customers by their names and they’re exceptionally patient with every one of them. They allow them to test on as many choices as they’d like, and as many times as they’d like. The store makes sure that the requirements of the customer are precisely identified and that the appropriate solutions are offered.
Weaknesses In The SWOT Analysis Of Lululemon Athletica
They are utilized to indicate areas in which the company or the brand requires improvements. One of the major shortcomings that are a part of Lululemon Athletica is:
❤️ Low Brand Recall: Lululemon operates its clothing business in over 17 different countries around the world. The brand’s apparel line offers fashionable and stylish clothes for women and men. But, few people are aware of the name Lululemon. The company’s limited presence on the global market as well as the slower growth rate has hindered the growth of the company and its profitability.
❤️ Lower Profit Margin: Lululemon has premium pricing for its products and has a large customer database. This has allowed the clothing brand to not depend on the quantity, and it functions well in normal conditions. But, it can affect the overall sales of the brand in the various categories of merchandise.
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Lululemon Athletica
Opportunities are opportunities within the context that surrounds the company on which it could profit to boost its profits. The opportunities are:
❤️ Inventing Markers: Lululemon should introduce its brand in the developing world and increase its market share in those countries. The emerging countries have plenty of growth potential and will help the company in expanding its brand and market.
❤️ Healthier trends: The healthful diet and exercise trends are growing across the globe. Many foods and sporting brands are keeping track of these trends and offering different kinds of products to meet market demand. But, Lululemon should increase its effort to offer more products within the sportswear sector.
Threats In The SWOT Analysis Of Lululemon Athletica
Threats are the factors that exist that can hinder the expansion of the company. A few of them are:
❤️ Modifying Trends: The fashions in the sportswear and apparel market are very unpredictable. Your business will be successful only if your merchandise is aligned with the current market trends. If you fail to predict the market trends, it will cost you the entire value of your product.
❤️ Competitors: Decathlon, Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, Puma, and many more are some of the primary rivals of Lululemon. They have developed a formidable network and have earned a reputable brand name across many countries around the globe. It is very difficult for a clothing brand to break into the market and capture the market share.
Also, Related some Articles:
- Mercedes-Benz SWOT Analysis
- YouTube SWOT Analysis
- CVS Health SWOT Analysis
- Peloton SWOT Analysis
- IKEA SWOT Analysis
- AT&T SWOT Analysis
- Berkshire Hathaway SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Nike Company
- Adidas SWOT Analysis
- Apple SWOT Analysis
The Limitations Of The SWOT Analysis Lululemon Athletica Inc.
While SWOT analysis is a popular tool for strategic planning, SWOT analysis is extensively used to plan strategic strategies however, it does have its fair share of drawbacks.
- Certain abilities or aspects of an organization can be both a strength as well as a weaknesses at the same time. This is among the main drawbacks that SWOT analysis has. Changes in environmental regulations could be an opportunity and a threat to the company. However, as well as an opportunity in the sense that it allows companies to be on the same level or even gain an advantage over competitors if they can develop their products more quickly than their competitors.
- SWOT doesn’t provide a way to get a competitive edge and therefore it shouldn’t be considered a solution in and of itself.
- The matrix is merely an initial point of reference for discussions on how the suggested strategies can be implemented. It offered an evaluation window but did not provide an implementation plan based on the strategic competitiveness of Lululemon Athletica Inc.
- The SWOT model is a static evaluation that analyzes the current conditions with only a few potential modifications. When circumstances, capabilities, and threats evolve, the dynamics of a competitive setting cannot be analyzed in one matrix.
- SWOT analysis could cause a company to focus too much on the importance of a single external or internal aspect when formulating strategies. There are interrelations among the most important external and internal aspects that SWOT doesn’t reveal, which could be crucial in determining strategies.
Weighted SWOT Analyse For Lululemon Athletica Inc.
Given the previously stated weaknesses of the SWOT analysis/ matrix, the management of corporations has decided to assign an appropriate amount of weightage for every internal strength and weakness of the company.
Companies also evaluate the probability of events that will occur in the near future, and what the effect will be on the company’s performance.
This technique is known as the Weighted SWOT analysis. It is superior to basic SWOT analysis as With a Weighted SWOT Analysis Lululemon Athletica Inc.
managers will be able to concentrate on the most crucial aspects and eliminate the less important ones.
It also eliminates the long list issue that causes organizations to make a lengthy list but not addressing any is considered to be crucial.
This Analysis of the SWOT at Lululemon indicates that the company must improve its operations and be successful in the current market for sports apparel. Here are some suggestions to the company based on Lululemon’s SWOT analysis
- Lululemon must improve its marketing plans and campaigns in order to get more customers.
- The brand must have an affordable product range that can draw in more customers.
- Lululemon should look to target more countries and also open physical stores to grow their business.
Make use of swot analysis to design SWOT analysis diagrams, or to create any other diagram you want to create with ease!
There are tons of SWOT symbols and templates to select from, and creating a sketch of a SWOT can be a breeze.
- Bertels, H. M., Koen, P. A, & Elsum, I. (2015). Business models outside the core: Lessons learned from success and failure. Research-Technology Management, 58(2), pp. 20–29.
- Desai, K. J. (2015). Supply chain risk management framework: A fishbone analysis approach. SAM Advanced Management Journal, 80(3), pp. 34–57.
- Dessler, G. (2016). Fundamentals of human resource management (4th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Lululemon. (2017). 2016annual report. Lululemon Athletica, Inc. Retrieved from http://investors.whirlpoolcorp.com/common/download/download.cfm?companyid=ABEA-5DXEK8&fileid=931320&filekey=110957C3-5A45-41DF-87D2-34714A8AA1B7&filename=Whirlpool_2016_Annual_Report.pdf
- MarketLine. (2016). Company profile: Lululemon Athletica, Inc. Progressive Digital Media. Available from Business Source Complete.
- Nam, C., Dong, H., & Lee, Y.-A. (2017). Factors influencing consumers’ purchase intention of green sportswear. Fashion and Textiles, 4(1), pp. 2.
- Seifert, C. & Chattaraman, V. (2017). Too new or too complex? Why consumers’ aesthetic sensitivity matters in apparel design evaluation. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal, 21(2), pp. 262–276.
- Vallester, C., Lindgreen, A., & Maon, F. (2012). Strategically leveraging corporate social responsibility: A corporate branding perspective. California Management Review, 54(3), pp. 34–60.
- Webb, J. B., Vinoski, E. R., Warren-Findlow, J., Padro, M. P., Burris, E. N., & Suddreth, E. M. (2017). Is the “Yoga Body” the new skinny?: A comparative content analysis of mainstream yoga lifestyle magazine covers. Body Image, 20(November), pp. 87–98.
After careful examination of the swot study of Lululemon, We’ve discovered that Lululemon is in fact the top sportswear brand in the world.
The increasing competition, changing fashions, low brand recognition, and the small market share are a few of the biggest problems.
Lululemon ought to increase its product range and explore new markets to solve these problems.