- 1 About Kelloggs
- 2 Strengths In The SWOT Analysis of Kelloggs
- 3 Weaknesses In The SWOT Analysis of Kelloggs
- 4 Opportunities In The SWOT Analysis of Kelloggs
- 5 Threats In The SWOT Analysis of Kelloggs
- 6 Competitors
- 7 Weighted SWOT Analysis of Kellogg’s
- 8 Important aspects to consider when writing an excellent Kellogg SWOT Analysis
- 9 Conclusion
One of the biggest names for breakfast cereals is Kelloggs. They’re so popular that they are used in breakfasts across the world in addition by people who are in love with the cereals.
Kelloggs offers a variety of cereals, and it is among the companies that are highly regarded for its marketing skills.
The journey begins with the soil, seeds, and a plan of giving food an opportunity to grow as well as safeguarding the natural environment as well as the people involved in the process.
Kellogs is an American-based multinational food manufacturing firm. Its headquarters are situated in the United States.
Their products are produced in 18 countries and then sold across 180 countries. They are also a leading manufacturer of Ready to Eat Meals. Dr. John H. A method that produces crunchy, flavorful grains that are processed was created by Kelloggs.
In the early 20th century Kellogg has restructured its company into 4 areas that included ready-to-eat cereals and convenience snack foods like cereal bars; crackers and cookies, and frozen breakfast foods.
In 2001 Kellogg bought Keebler Foods. Kellogg is comprised of North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Australia.
Strengths In The SWOT Analysis of Kelloggs
- International presence: Kellogg products Kellogg are made in 18 countries. Kellogg’s products can be found in more than 180 countries.
- Pringles Chips was acquired by Kelloggs, the largest snack producer in the world. Kelloggs is now the second-largest snack manufacturer in the globe.
- The famous brand: Kelloggs is a well-known and trusted name in emerging markets. Kelloggs has been a major sponsor of many sporting events.
- Distribution Channel : Distribution: The distribution channels of Kelloggs are efficient. Distributors and retailers can get the best margins possible to market the products.
- Brands with strong reputations were acquired by Kelloggs. Kelloggs continues to expand its operations by acquiring top brands.
- Market Initiatives Kelloggs was founded as a company that primarily aims to reduce hunger.
- Staff: The business relies on highly-trained employees to increase its production and reduce waste.
Weaknesses In The SWOT Analysis of Kelloggs
- Marketing campaigns that are not certain: Some of Kellogg’s marketing has been criticized in the press, and triggered due to an increased number of consumers becoming aware of the asymmetry between marketing strategies and the actual product resulting in negative media coverage. Bloggers from the food industry have raised doubts regarding the marketing strategies used by companies who manufacture Kellogg’s cereals due to the high sugar content and the addition of ingredients like the high-fructose sugar corn syrup.
- slow innovation: there is a market in cereals that are overrun by local National and international brands despite this level of competition Kellogg is unable to profit from the opportunities in emerging markets due to the absence of innovative ingredients in its products.
Opportunities In The SWOT Analysis of Kelloggs
- Penetrating New and emerging Markets The business would assist in increasing revenue by entering deeper into the market it is already in and entering new markets.
- Target Restaurants and Hotels: Kellogg’s can tie up with Hotels and restaurants to create revenue from this segment.
- The Busy LifeStyle with the increase in population and the increasing demands for food, people are looking for a variety of meals in their hectic life, hectic and ever-changing lifestyles to quell their hunger and cut down on time. This is the main reason behind the growth of the cereal industry.
- Expansion of Brands Kellogg’s has been using strategies for brand expansion to increase the size of its brands. Recently Kellogg’s has Launched Kellogg’s Upma for Indian Customers. The variations of Kellogg’s include Kellogg’s Muesli with Fruit and Nut the Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Real Almond and Honey Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Original, Kellogg’s Crunchy Granola Almonds and Cranberries, and Kellogg’s Upma Nutty Rawa, and Kellogg’s Upma Blend of Veggies.
- Kellogg’s can Launch Aloo Chaat along with Bhel Variants from Corn Flakes. This is an amazing chance for the business.
Threats In The SWOT Analysis of Kelloggs
- The fierce competition Inter- and intra-industry competition between industries is one of the most important factors that impact the entire sector. Pre-made food products, local eateries, and eating establishments in close proximity are only a few reasons that have contributed to the growth of the cereal industry.
- regulations of government rules that govern the federal government. Government policies with regard to the ingredients and the content of cereals have led to massive obstacles to their growth.
- Changes in lifestyle: With the increase in urban population, office employees are likely to be more hectic, which is why they’re embracing “Take away outlets” to cut down on their hours of work.
❤️ Quaker Oats: Quaker Oats Company is a leading Kellogg competitor. It is a worldwide manufacturer of marked shopper-branded food items. The products are offered through retail stores. They use oats and protein that are loved by all fitness-minded people. Oats are the new cereal because they have an excellent taste and do not transfer fat into our bodies. Therefore, Quaker Oats is one of the largest competitors for Kellogg.
❤️ Nestle: Nestle is a Swiss-based firm that is renowned for its many products ranging from cereals to chocolate. It is a leader in the food industry by providing delicious and convenient products.
It’s a powerful competitor to Kellogg’s due to its innovative marketing strategies and legendary products which are the weak point of Kellogg’s.
❤️ Britannia: Britannia is an Indian food formulation company that was established in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The Britannia company produces its signature best-selling biscuits as well as Tiger-marked bread rolls. It accounts for 38% of the total industry of the company. It is a leading provider of nutritious products that are made of top-quality raw materials. It is a well-loved and loved brand in India. This makes it a viable rival for Kelloggs.
❤️ Kraft Heinz: In 2015, the American firm for food Kraft Heinz was established in Illinois, United States. It is the fifth-largest food as well as Beverage Company and a trusted producer of tasty food. It offers high-quality food items that are delicious and packed with nutritional value. It is one of the largest rivals of Kellogg’s. The following article was about the SWOT, which includes the strengths potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats facing one of the most important producers of food products, Kelloggs as well as its possible rivals! We hope this has helped illuminate the brand’s iconic and growing popularity. Happy Knowledge
Limitations of SWOT Analysis for Kellogg’s
While SWOT analysis is a popular tool for strategic planning, SWOT analysis is used widely to plan strategic strategies however, it does have some limitations.
- Certain abilities or aspects of an organization could be both strengths and weaknesses at the same time. This is among the most important limitations in SWOT analyses. Changes in environmental regulations can be an issue for the company but as well as an opportunity in the sense that it can allow companies to be on the same level or even gain an advantage over competitors, if they are can develop their products quicker than competitors.
- SWOT doesn’t provide a way to get a competitive edge and therefore it shouldn’t be a complete solution.
- The matrix serves as an initial point of reference for an analysis of how the proposed strategies might be implemented. It also provided an evaluation window, but it did not provide an implementation plan based on its strategic competitiveness.
- The SWOT model is a static evaluation that analyzes the current conditions with only a few potential modifications. As the environment, circumstances, and threats alter, the dynamic of the competitive landscape cannot be analyzed through a single matrix.
- SWOT analysis can make a firm overemphasize the importance of a single external or internal element in formulating strategies. There are interrelations between the most important external and internal aspects that SWOT doesn’t reveal, which can be vital in formulating strategies.
Weighted SWOT Analysis of Kellogg’s
Due to the previously identified weaknesses of the SWOT analysis/ matrix, the corporate management has decided to assign the weightage to every weakness and strength of the company.
Companies also evaluate the probability of events that will occur in the near future, and what the effect will be on the company’s performance.
This technique is known as a weighted SWOT analysis. It is superior to simple SWOT analysis as With weighted SWOT Analysis, Kellogg’s managers are able to concentrate on the most important aspects and eliminate the less important ones.
This also helps solve the problem of a long list that causes organizations to make an extensive list, but none of the elements are considered to be important.
Important aspects to consider when writing an excellent Kellogg SWOT Analysis
Which strategies Kellogg could employ to mitigate the risk posed by organization weaknesses as well as threats from macro.
The identification of the skills which are essential for the growth of Kellogg’s Food Processing industry.
Are there individuals who are vital to your company? They may alter your balance of strengths and weak points of the company.
– Determine your strengths and weaknesses within Kellogg as well as possible.
Provide the appropriate weightage to the various factors that affect Kellogg’s bottom line and topline growth.
In order to succeed To be successful, Kellogg’s needs to change from a “Day Two” company to a “Day One” company, ready to embrace and implement the latest trends.
While Kellogg’s is a business that is a major concentration on snacks and cereal doesn’t mean that the company will only be a food and snack manufacturer in the near future. Cereal has created Kellogg’s.
However, unless the company is able to consider a different approach to breakfast options, cereal could eventually eliminate Kellogg’s.
If you enjoy this case study of how Kelloggs has used the SWOT Analyse of Kelloggs and would like to read more similar blogs Click here