Brazil SWOT Analysis 2022
Brazil SWOT Analysis: Brazil is the biggest nation within Latin America, is home to more than 200 million people and has the biggest ever rainforest.
Brazil is vibrant and the population is focused on enjoying life to the fullest and there is no place that can throw a better celebration than Brazil.
But, Brazil is also awash in criminality, political instability, and corruption. This SWOT review of Brazil reveals the main strengths and weaknesses, as well as the opportunities and threats to Brazil today.
The issues discussed in this article may have been mentioned in the earlier Analyses of the PEST of Brazil. I offer more details and context on this analysis in the SWOT format. Let’s begin by looking at the fun parts – the strengths.
Strengths In The SWOT Analysis Of Brazil
- Amazon: Brazil is the home of the Amazon rainforest, which encompasses billions of acres of land. It is home to around 300.000 diverse species of plants as well as hundreds of bird species. Many environmentalists believe that the Amazon forest provides more than 20 percent of the world’s oxygen.
- Healthy Food: The lush and fertile soil that is Brazil provides some of the world’s most exotic fruit, such as Acai. Acai is among the most nutritious foods in the world and is widely used in cosmetics. But, it is also one of the many Brazilian fruits that haven’t been heard or even had the pleasure of tasting.
- Plastic Surgery: Brazil has also earned an image within the market for cosmetic surgery. The Brazilian plastic surgeon invents the technique for butt lifting. It involves transferring fats from one area in the body onto the buttocks to create the butt lift. Then, the procedure was popularized in a number of other countries in the west. Brazil is also known for different cosmetic procedures such as eyelid enhancement surgery and breast augmentation procedure. It’s not a problem to undergo cosmetic surgery as society has accepted it. It’s the reason they’ve been gaining popularity with people who want to look beautiful. In addition, the price of this procedure is extremely expensive within North American countries. This has increased the demand for medical tourism.
- Diversity: Brazil is ranked in the 13th spot of UNESCO’s world heritage sites due to its rich cultural heritage. The diverse style of music is extremely popular in celebrations. The traditional Brazilian drum beats blend with Afro-Brazilian rhythms creating an incredible musical effect.
- Fun-Loving Country: Brazilian residents are fun and have earned them an international reputation for their jokes, laughter, and jokesters. Indeed, pranks have become so popular that Brazilians have elected a clown to represent them and placed him into congress. Despite the nation’s economic-financial, social, and issues, they attempt to live in the presence of joy and happiness.
Weaknesses In The SWOT Analysis Of Brazil
- Expensive for Farmers: Brazil is affordable for Western tourists, but it’s become extremely expensive for farmers in the country. For example, farmers have to pay 4 times more tax than any other kind of business. The high taxes associated with agriculture are the biggest problem for farmers. Numerous farms and businesses are able to spend many hours making tax calculations.
- Relying On Local Market: An abundance of economic and trade activity takes place in the country. However, only a few activities involve exports from abroad. But, the local economic growth is beneficial for the country’s jobs and internal growth. However, it hinders the country’s expansion outside.
- Limited Exports: Ore and food items are the most important exports from Brazil and Brazil exports just 25 percent of these. This is because Brazil has strict rules and regulations that apply to North American businesses and companies. This is why it’s hard for them to start their own branch in Brazil.
- Organized Crimes: Organized crimes such as human kidnappings, trafficking, or sexual trades are rare in Brazil. It’s much easier to commit these crimes in Brazil similar to other Latin American countries. Brasilia, Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro, along Sao Paulo are some of the most popular cities for pick-pocketing, purse snatching, and other unimportant crimes. Brazil is a wonderful country however, it’s also extremely unsafe for regular foreign visitors. Indeed, many websites of the government, including those from the USA or Canada caution the citizens of their countries to remain vigilant when visiting Brazil due to the rising criminality rate.
Opportunities In The SWOT Analysis Of Brazil
- Fruit Exports: Brazil ought to think about exporting their exotic and exotic fruits abroad. In particular, Acai and a variety of fruits will be a huge hit in the world market. It is important to note that fruits are a wide usage. There are many people who use fruits in cosmetics, such as hair growth and skincare, apart from eating.
- Infrastructure Development: Brazil has invested over 450 billion dollars to develop the nation’s infrastructure, such as ports roads, airports, and railways. Because it’s a massive project, it demands an abundance of investments. The government is currently trying to develop the energy industry and distribute the energy to different Latin American countries.
- Expanding It: It’s surprising that the IT and tech industry and technology trends such as the use of the web, computers technology, electronic gadgets, fashion, and shopping online are growing at a fast rate. At present, the government must spend money on the IT sector to attract technology companies into the nation.
Threats In The SWOT Analysis Of Brazil
- Hosting Olympic Issues: Brazil has invested a significant amount of money to host the Olympic Games in 2016. This made a lot of Brazilian people unhappy because they could’ve utilized the same resources to create jobs, decrease the poverty rate, as well as increase the rate of crime.
- Deforestation: The expanding agriculture industry has led to the deforestation of the Amazon rainforest. Around 500 thousand square miles of the forest are now being used for agriculture. The government hasn’t yet taken measures to prevent this and is hurting its image on the international market.
- Challenges: The illegal trade in wildlife, as well as oil spills water pollution, illegal wildlife trade, and deforestation, are spreading like the plague of Brazil. We all realize the country is so large and vast that it is extremely challenging for government officials to oversee the entire country. This is the reason why the country is at the hub of numerous criminal actions.
Brazil is the home of celebrations, music plastic surgery, and jokesters. Brazil is also the place to find rising crime rates, tax laws, and very little trade with the world.
Brazil is afflicted with hardships due to the government that uses the money to finance frivolous pursuits rather than for the benefit of the citizens.
Brazil is full of potential particularly with regard to exporting fruit but it hasn’t yet taken the necessary steps to make these changes.