Best Buy is a leader in technology products and services. Solutions Best Buy was established in the late 1960s as a specialty store. The company was established in large part during the 1980s when it was renamed and then listed. The New York Stock Exchange
It climbed to the top of the big-box box The electronics retailer pyramid offers unbeatable service and expert advice. Consumers pay more than 1.5 billion dollars per year.
The company has designed and operated in America, where more than 70% of the population lives within 15 Minutes from a Best Buy Store, as well in Canada and Mexico for Best You can have both a physical and an online presence by purchasing.
Best Buy, with 1,050 stores, is the largest consumer electronics retailer. Locations in the United States, and 1,779 locations around the world including $39.49 Million dollars in revenue for the year 2015.
Best Buy is also a major player in the global marketplace BestBuy.com is America’s sixth-largest e-commerce site States with thirty-one million users per month
With so many users per month, It has a more efficient operational structure to help it support its e-commerce. Business. Best Buy believes it can bring a new era to growth.
The Best Buy’s Strengths
- Customers love the company’s reputation, particularly women who purchase the majority of consumer electronics in the United States.
- Proven ability to retain customers’ loyalty.
- Strong marketing expertise in the electronics sector.
- With 1,731 stores, the United States has a large footprint.
- Good relationships with brands like Apple. In August 2015, Best Buy was the second American store to sell the Apple Watch.
- E-commerce has a proven track record. Internet Retailer estimates that Best Buy’s online sales grew at 16.7% per year in March 2015. Best Buy generated around $3.54 billion from its online sales.
- Consumer electronics products like smartphones and video games are growing in demand.
- On July 31, 2015, there was a large revenue flow of $39.49 trillion.
- Being a Global Powerhouse is one of the top strengths of best-buys. The best buy is The top-selling tablet, TV, and computer worldwide, the iPad is People living in other countries around world have a lot of influence and power. Size is another strength of the best buys.
- Best buy operates and owns There are over 1,500 stores worldwide, with 80% of sales in-store They estimated that 600,000,000 people visit their site each year.
- Best Buy’s strength is also the number of cash cow companies. The Star Tribune estimates that 1.5 billion dollars are made worldwide.
- Free cash flow for one year Best Buy is also well-known for its “Geek Squad”, which is one of their most popular offerings. Strengths.
- The “Geek Squad”, best buy’s technical team, helps with repair. Protect, or Install Products Brand Name Recognition is another strength of Best Buy.
- Best Buy sells top-of-the-line electronics, appliances and mobiles. Apple, Microsoft and Intel are some of the most well-known brands. Canon.
The Weaknesses Of Best Buy
- Heavy dependence on brick and mortar locations, at a moment when eCommerce is growing at a rate at 15.4% per year.
- Limited profit margin of 1.92% as of July 31, 2105
- Cash shortage; Best Buy reported that it had $149 million in cash on July 31, 2015.
- Highly dependent on supplier credit. This means that a large number of items found in Best Buy stores do not get paid for. Instead, the manufacturer ships the goods to the stores and is paid when they sell. Best Buy might have to pay for the goods if they don’t sell within a certain time frame.
- The operating expenses of stores are more expensive than online retailers. It’s cheaper to store goods in a warehouse rather than open a brick-and-mortar shop. Each month, a store must be able to pay rent, utilities, and employee salaries.
- It is dependent on the sales of luxury goods like video games. If the economy fails, then demand can drop quickly.
Best Buy Opportunities
- Electronics, including smartphones and games, are gaining in popularity.
- Companies such as Apple, Google, and video game companies release new products that generate media attention. Best Buy also gets free publicity for the products they sell.
- Consumer interest in smartphones is increasing, especially for Apple products like the iPhone.
- Best Buy can increase its sales volume without having to open new stores due to ecommerce’s growing popularity.
- Best Buy is now the largest consumer electronics retailer in many countries due to the disappearance of Circuit City and Radio Shack.
- The popularity of Black Friday and other sales holidays is increasing, which in turn drives consumer interest in electronics.
- New opportunities exist for electronics sales through improvements and enhancements of existing technologies, such as 3D TV.
- Electronic media are becoming more popular, particularly streaming videos and video games, which increases the need for high-quality electronic products.
Best Buy: Threats
- Foot traffic is reduced by the digital delivery of electronic media (including movies and video games).
- Amazon.com, Apple iTunes, and Google Play are replacing brick-and-mortar stores as primary sources of entertainment products like movies and video games.
- Online retailers aggressively discount electronics. Online retailers such as Amazon.com and B&H, Newegg, eBay, are increasing their prices below Best Buy’s.
- Target, Costco, and Walmart aggressively discount electronics. Walmart often uses video games and television sets as loss leaders to attract customers to its stores.
- An emerging generation of consumers prefers to shop online for electronics online over visiting brick-and-mortar stores.
- Shopping as a leisure activity is declining.
- It is a common belief that electronic products purchased online are cheaper than those purchased in a physical store.
- Manufacturers such as Samsung and Apple sell electronics directly to consumers. Apple.com, which attracts 77 million users per month, is the fourth most visited retail website in the United States.
- Declining customer loyalty. Customers today are more inclined to shop around and visit multiple stores before purchasing.
- Target and Walmart are expanding their online retail business aggressively and are willing to match or lower Best Buy’s prices. Walmart wants to triple its online sales by building four new one-million-square-foot fulfillment centers. Each center will house up to 500,000 products.
- Some products that Best Buy relies on for its sales could be rendered obsolete by technological changes. Tablets and smartphones, for example, are replacing laptops and personal computers, while streaming video renders DVD players obsolete. Other popular products, such as the video game system, could be rendered obsolete by technological advances in the near future. This will impact Best Buy’s sales.
It is remarkable to see Best Buy adapting, surviving and making profits in such a highly competitive market. It is unclear if Best Buy can avoid being like other electronics retailers that failed to adapt to industry changes.
This is the article that described What is best buy SWOT Analysis & Matrix? How you can use SWOT Analysis for Best Buy in Crisis.