- 1 Bentley SWOT Analysis 2021
- 2 Key Highlights
- 3 Strengths In The SWOT Analysis of Bentley
- 4 Weaknesses In The SWOT Analysis of Bentley
- 5 Opportunities In The SWOT Analysis of Bentley
- 6 Threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bentley
- 7 Limitations of SWOT Analysis for Bentley Capital Limited
- 8 Weighted SWOT Analysis of Bentley Capital Limited
Bentley SWOT Analysis 2021
Bentley SWOT Analysis: Bentley is the name of a British auto manufacturer. It is well-known all over the globe for its luxurious automobiles.
It was founded on 18 the 18th Jan 1919, within North London. Its headquarters are within Crewe, England.
Their parent organization is Volkswagen. In 1931, Rolls-Royce purchased Bentley from Vickers but later, because of financial difficulties, it returned the Bentley to Vickers.
Vickers later signed arrangements with Volkswagen. The current Chief Executive Officer is Wolfgang Durheimer.
Bentley Systems Inc (Bentley Systems) is a manufacturer of software-based solutions. It offers solutions to contractors, engineers, architects planners, fabricators, and engineers.
The portfolio of products includes mining design, design for buildings project delivery, analysis of sites, and software for structural detail.
It offers training, consulting, and project administration. Bentley’s products and services have applications in many sectors, such as bridges, building campuses, communications factories mining and metals and power generation, government projects and process manufacturing trains and transportation roads, roadway design and engineering software, utility along with water and waste.
Bentley additionally focuses on providing solutions that cover the entire lifecycle of infrastructure assets that meet the needs of different professional fields like engineers, architects, builders, and owners and operators. Bentley Systems is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, the US.
Strengths In The SWOT Analysis of Bentley
- In the market: They are very well-known due to their unique combination of sporty and luxury characteristics in their cars. They also have the German technology that is the foundation of the parent firm which makes their cars.
- A Brand Uniqueness Because Bentley doesn’t believe in promotions the brand is exclusive. Each customer is unique and unique when they are the owner of the brand Bentley. Therefore, the fact that it is expensive and of top quality enhances its aspects of distinction.
- technology and R&D Every Bentley car is upgraded to the standard of regular automobiles. Their speed, durability, and performance are famous. They are undoubtedly the technological pioneers in their field.
- car designs HTML0 Bentley produces one of the more stunning automobiles in the world. They have a comprehensive portfolio of products in their range that will impress a car enthusiast. Every time, Bentley has impressed the world with its stylish and sleek automobile designs.
- The value of their brand: They have high brand equity which means they are less prone to competition. They have created their own specific market for their own. This has created more barriers to entry for newcomers into the market marketplace.
- Exclusive: Possession of Bentley makes the client feel special. Since they are the only clients of the business, they are treated like royalty and this makes the company that much more exclusive.
- Heritage Bentleys are well-known for their heritage. Before Audi’s or then the BMW’s came into the market it was dominating the market as a car that was primarily for people who are Uber wealthy. Therefore that if you have a Bentley you are a part of the rich heritage of culture.
Weaknesses In The SWOT Analysis of Bentley
- Limited reach: As they are not available in many countries and remain exclusive, they are losing out to the emerging market. The emerging countries have a lot of rich and wealthy individuals that could be their market, but Bentley is unable to reach them.
- Long Waiting Time: To ensure their high standards and exclusivity, Bentley only makes a small number of cars each year. Customers are often forced to wait for a long period of time to secure their car. This means they fall behind rivals such as Jaguars well as Land Rover, Daimler, and Rolls-Royce. Insufficient production means an expense to their earnings and revenue.
- Small Target group: They serve a tiny portion of people. There is little room for growth in this sector. This is why high growth isn’t sustainable.
- Not environmentally sustainable: They have been exposed as their vehicles are exposed to extreme pollution to the environment. One of their production plants is situated on the banks of the Loop River Power Canal. The canal is a crucial element of the ecosystem that is home to a variety of bio-diversity creatures and has grown into a significant freshwater estuary. However, Bentley has been contaminating the freshwater canal. The presence of heat from waste has caused negative environmental changes. This can affect the brand’s value, Bentley.
Opportunities In The SWOT Analysis of Bentley
- Get more eco-friendly: Bentley can become eco-friendly and begin looking toward more economical and more efficient thermal fuel options like electric or hybrid. It is also important to focus on sustainable stakeholder engagement.
- mergers and Acquisitions: They can also acquire less popular brands and then begin catering to different groups of people. They could leverage the of Bentley. that is Bentley and leverage it to earn greater returns.
- The focus should be On Emerging Markets: Bentley must pay attention to the wealthy classes in the emerging markets and begin catering to them too. E.g. India
- promotions: Promotions do not promote their brand through advertisements and therefore, they can also sponsor top events to promote their brand’s name and increase their brand’s recognition.
Threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bentley
- New norms for government: Government laws are getting more and more strict in regards to environmental protection and pollution. Bentley should be aware of this and make the necessary adjustments to their core policies and take advantage of the changing wave.
- Rising Cost of Fuel: An increase in fuel prices is a significant issue for the auto industry. Bentley should be focusing upon alternative sources of fuel. This can help with this as well as satisfy the environmental aspect too.
- Competitive: Bentley’s competition is more prominent due to its marketing efforts. This could hinder the growth of their business and lead to an increase in sales.
- Economy One of the major factors that affect the ultra-premium players, in general, is the economy. If the economy slows down and companies such as Bentley will be unable to stand tall in the midst of a storm.
Limitations of SWOT Analysis for Bentley Capital Limited
While SWOT analysis is a popular tool for strategic planning, SWOT analysis is used widely as a tool for strategic planning however, it does have some limitations.
- Certain aspects or capabilities of an organization could be both a strength as well as a weakness at the same time. This is among the most important limitations that SWOT analysis has. Changes in environmental regulations can be an opportunity and a threat to the company. However, as well as an opportunity in the sense that it allows companies to compete on the same level or even gain an advantage over competitors when it is can develop its products more quickly than its competitors.
- SWOT is not a method of determining how to get a competitive edge It is not a strategy to gain competitive advantage, therefore it should not be considered a solution in and of itself.
- The matrix serves as an idea to begin an analysis of how the proposed strategies can be implemented. It offered an evaluation window, but not an implementation plan based on the strategic competitiveness for Bentley Capital Limited
- The SWOT model is a static evaluation that analyzes the existing conditions and a small number of potential modifications. As the environment, circumstances, and threats evolve, the dynamic of a competitive setting cannot be analyzed through a single matrix.
- SWOT analysis could make a firm overemphasize the importance of a single external or internal element in formulating strategies. There are interrelations between the most important external and internal aspects that SWOT doesn’t reveal, which can be vital in formulating strategies.
Weighted SWOT Analysis of Bentley Capital Limited
Due to the previously identified weaknesses of the SWOT analysis/ matrix, the management of corporations has decided to assign an appropriate amount of weightage for each of the strengths and weaknesses of the company.
They also consider the likeliness of events that will occur in the near future and the impact they can be on the performance of the company.
This technique is known as the Weighted SWOT analysis. It is superior to basic SWOT analysis as With a Weighted SWOT Analysis Bentley Capital Limited managers can concentrate on the most crucial aspects and eliminate the less important ones.
It also eliminates the problem of a long list which is when organizations make an extensive list, but none of the elements are considered to be crucial.