- 1 About Accenture
- 2 The SWOT Analysis of Strengths for Accenture
- 3 The SWOT Analysis of Weaknesses for Accenture
- 4 The SWOT Analysis of Opportunities for Accenture
- 5 The SWOT Analysis of Threats for Accenture
- 6 There are limitations to SWOT analysis for Accenture
- 7 The Accenture SWOT Analysis is weighted.
- 8 FAQs
SWOT Analysis by Accenture focuses on Weaknesses, Strengths, Opportunities, and Threats.
The Strength, as well as Weaknesses aspects, are internal variables while Opportunities and threats are external elements.
Accenture is among the biggest consulting companies in the world and is renowned for its four top-performing divisions.
Strategies to Accenture, Accenture Multimedia, Accenture Technologies, and Accenture Operations.
The company provides consultancy as well as outsourcing, infrastructure, and consulting services for executives. Here’s a SWOT analysis of Accenture.
Accenture plc is a global professional services company headquartered in Ireland which is specialized in IT services as well as consulting.
Accenture began as Arthur Andersen’s business and technology consulting division. Andersen Consulting changed its name to “Accenture” in 2001.
Accenture supports clients in the reduction of costs and outsourcing of technology. Accenture employees have worked in key business fields like customer relationship management as well as supply chain management technology, business strategy, and outsourcing across a variety of fields.
The organization is home to 10 Innovation Hubs throughout the United States, each with teams comprised of engineers, designers, and tech experts who work with clients. New York City is home to the world-class Accenture Innovation Hub.
The SWOT Analysis of Strengths for Accenture
- The largest consulting firm in the world: In terms of revenues, it’s the largest consulting company that mainly concentrates on business consulting and IT. It is a great business ethics firm and uncompromising standards for top efficiency.
- A large clientele: It has a huge client base, with some top companies employing Accenture as consultants. Nearly 90 percent of Fortune 100’s top companies and greater than 3 quarters (75%) of fortune global 500 companies employ Accenture as a consulting company.
- Service Delivery Network Accenture has global delivery networks that are present in over 200 cities across 56 countries and employs 390,000. dedicated employees who are constantly working to provide the best service to the end-users.
- Client-driven methods: Strong business relations and a customer-focused approach of Accenture help them to create value of their industry for their partners as consultants.
- Improved continuously As with the Kaizen in Toyota, Accenture constantly strives to improve its capabilities by hiring more and more experienced employees and delivering their promises to the customers they serve.
- Multi-faceted abilities: With its five operating groups, which include media & communications and financial services, as well as public services and health, and other product resources, it has developed various capabilities within the team. The dedicated and skilled workforce in every vertical is the thing that makes Accenture from other companies.
- Know-how: With its client base that spans from healthcare all the way to automotive and IT-related services Accenture is a reputable company with a wealth of expertise and know-how that allows it to accomplish the job accomplished. Therefore, Accenture has become the “specialist” or “expert” across various sectors.
The SWOT Analysis of Weaknesses for Accenture
- Inconsistency in coordination: Accenture’s 19 business units are that collaborate working with clients and together. This can lead to conflict due to the lack of coordination internally.
- Dependence of its business consulting While its core business is focused on management consulting as well as BPO, technology, and BPO however, Accenture’s consulting aspect is the main income source for Accenture. This could be risky for the business over the long haul, since managing such a huge operation demands that the firm is prepared for the worst financial days.
The SWOT Analysis of Opportunities for Accenture
- Expansion of business: By choosing projects that are small and mid-sized and expanding to other emerging economies (Market growth), Accenture can increase its earnings even further.
- Acquisitions Accenture just acquired Gaspo” an analytics solutions company based out of Brazil. The company also bought Agilex technologies which is an online and IT service supplier to U.S Govt. agencies. Acquisitions like these can boost the analytical power of Accenture and help it with expanding.
- Concentrating on other businesses: More focus on technology and BPO as well as making the same revenue as consulting could help the company to get into the market more effectively. Furthermore, this diversification will give protection against financial hardships.
The SWOT Analysis of Threats for Accenture
- competition: Tough competition from IT giants such as IBM Capgemini, IBM, and Infosys is an area of concern for the company.
- Financial difficulties: During the recession period it was a difficult time for the business due to the dependence on premium clients. Large customers were the first who were badly affected due to the downturn in the economy. The revenue stream towards Accenture decreased dramatically.
There are limitations to SWOT analysis for Accenture
While it is true that the SWOT analysis is used widely to plan strategic strategies, however, it does have some limitations.
- Certain aspects or capabilities of an organization can be both strengths and weak points at the same. This is among the main drawbacks that SWOT analysis has. Changes in environmental regulations can be an issue for the company but however, but it could also be an opportunity in the sense that it can allow companies to compete in a position to compete with its competitors or gain an advantage over their competitors when it is can develop their products quicker than competitors.
- SWOT is not a method of determining how to get a competitive edge and therefore it shouldn’t be considered a solution in and of itself.
- The matrix serves as an idea to begin discussions on how the proposed strategies might be implemented. It offered an evaluation window but did not provide any implementation plan that is based on the Strategic competitiveness of Accenture
- The SWOT model is a static analysis and analysis of the current conditions with only a few potential modifications. When circumstances, capabilities threats, strategies, and circumstances evolve, the dynamic of a competitive setting cannot be analyzed in one matrix.
- SWOT analysis could cause a company to focus too much on the importance of a single external or internal element in formulating strategies. There are interrelations between the most important external and internal aspects that SWOT cannot reveal that can be vital in formulating strategies.
The Accenture SWOT Analysis is weighted.
Due to the previously identified shortcomings of the SWOT analysis/ matrix, the corporate management determined to give an appropriate amount of weightage to each of the strengths and weaknesses of the business.
They also consider the likeliness of events that will occur in the near future, and the impact they will be on the company’s performance.
This technique is known as a weighted SWOT analysis. It’s better than simple SWOT analysis as using weighted SWOT analysis, Accenture executives are able to concentrate on the most crucial aspects and eliminate the less important ones.
This also helps solve the problem of the long list, which causes organizations to make an extensive list, but none of the elements are considered to be crucial.
Important aspects to consider when writing an excellent Accenture SWOT Analysis
Are there individuals who are crucial to your organization? They could alter the balance between strengths and weaknesses in the organization.
Determining the skills that are necessary for the continued existence of Accenture in the Computer Services industry.
What strategies Accenture can use to reduce the risks arising from organizational weaknesses and threats from the macro-environment?
Find out the strengths and weak points of Accenture as best you can.
Give the proper weightage to the many aspects that affect Accenture’s growth in the bottom line and topline.
What is Accenture’s weakness?
Insufficient coordination – When multiple sectors are working simultaneously, there may be a lack of communication and coordination among teams. Accenture is trying to reach several mid-sized companies, but there is stiff competition that can lead to slower growth.
Who is Accenture’s biggest competitor?
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- DXC Technology.
Is IBM better than Accenture?
IBM scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values. Accenture scored higher in 4 areas: Compensation & Benefits and CEO Approval. Both companies are tied in three areas: Overall Ratings, Career Opportunities, and Senior Management.
What differentiates Accenture from its competitors?
Accenture’s willingness and ability to work with clients on a meaningful level is appreciated by them. Its focus on technology innovation and talent distinguishes it from its competitors.
Why is Accenture the best?
It is known for its strategy, technology and strategy consulting. The company is a global leader in professional services, combining specialized skills with unmatched experience.